WARNING: Boring Maths
There is some weirdness with the Rampage! Mischief Gumball event boss damage reduction and how it interacts with Warrior Title and with the "Double Damage" from the Chopper item.
- Boss has a 30% all damage reduction buff.
- Chopper item gives a 10% chance to "double damage"
- Attack at 110, Warrior (Title) at 50% extra damage to BOSS : damage done is 131 or 208 (when Chopper kicks in)
- Attack at 108, Warrior (Title) at 50%+15%=65% extra damage to BOSS : damage done is 140 or 215 (when Chopper kicks in)
Each time, the difference between "double" damage and normal is 0.7 * Base Attack so the Boss reduction applies to that double damage.
The only formulas I was able to figure out that remotely makes sense and get results within 1 or 2 point of what is seen in game is as follow:
- Damage = (110 * 0.7) + (110 * 0.5) = 132 or (110 * 0.7) + (110 * 0.7) + (110 * 0.5) = 209 (when chopper kicks in)
- Damage = (108 * 1.15 * 0.7) + (108 * 0.5) = 140.94 or (108 * 1.15 * 0.7) + (108 * 0.7) + (108 * 0.5) = 216.54
Add rounding here and there and some eventual floating point error and you get the in-game results. I have crunched the numbers in lots of different ways and I can't find another formula that is as good a match.
I think there is a bug somewhere as it is really weird that the base +50% from Warrior title isn't bundled with the other effects in the same way that the extra +15% from the same title is.
Note: I have seen some similar weirdness with sky combat but there are so many factors there that I wasn't able to make a good guess at what is happening.
One day I might try to test this further with other damage reduction buffs like Physical Resistance.