|Forest of Whispers|
|Source/Unlock||Unlock with 120 dp after clearing Ancient Arena|
|Normal reward||Minstrel & Sunflower gumball|
|Raid boost||Explosive Pumpkin|
|Gumball Specific||Gumball specific infos|
Finish this maze to get the Minstrel gumball.
- 1 Hidden Gumball
- 2 Enemies
- 3 Maze Occurrences
- 4 Corpses
- 5 Out-of-Maze Loot
- 6 Notable Loot
- 7 Title Specific Loots
- 8 Gumball specific info
- 9 Tips
- 10 Quests / DP
- 11 External links
To get the Sunflower gumball:
- Do not plant the Jack's Magic Bean that you receive on Floor 1. This can not be completed if you plant that seed.
- Collect 300 Black Thorn Seed. Can be dropped by plant-type enemies or purchased from Dave's Cottage.
- Obtain Sunflower Seed and plant it. Obtainable from Boss floors beginning with 30F.
- Purchase 10 Sunlight from the Sunflower (for 30 Black Thorn Seed each) to obtain Sunflower Gumball or 20 .
- You can also get some Sunlight from other sources like from Bunny's eggs but the ones created via Sunflower's own skill (if you have him in team) do not count.
- Once Sunflower is obtained, you can plant Jack's Magic Bean or another Sunflower Seed if you have one.
- You can repeat the process for fragments on later runs
Note: you can use the Sunlights as you purchase them, you don't need to stockpile them.
||Fertile: Drop double Black Thorn Seeds after being killed by Magic Vine||May drop Black Thorn Seed|
||Venom: Poison the attacker when counterattacking (Lose HP each round for 3 rounds)||May drop Black Thorn Seed|
||Competent Cell: Help friendly targets of other types double HP when present||May drop Black Thorn Seed|
||Guardian: Resist damage for monsters of other types||May drop Black Thorn Seed|
||Shooting: Launches a long-range attack every 2 rounds||May drop Black Thorn Seed|
To see more title or gumball-specific monster information, look at Forest of Whispers/Specific.
Boss (Ancient Guardian)
- Death Impact: Launch an attack every 3 rounds to cause 300% damage
- Withered Branch: Cause the Withered Branch effect when a mushroom dies (Loses W% of total HP from an attack by Magic Vine. The effect lasts 3 rounds.)
- Bind (From Green Mushroom): Physical Resistance +X%
- Bind (From Purple Mushroom): Spell Resistance +X%
- Bind (From Red Mushroom): Reflect Y% of damage suffered
- Bind (From Yellow Mushroom): Increase enemy's MP consumption by Z%
The boss is accompanied by 4 Mushrooms that provide the Bind skills on the boss, which gives the boss Spell Resistance, Physical Resistance, Reflect Damage and extra MP cost. These mushroom have the same HP and Attack and upon death, inflicts Poison on Gumball for 3 turns.
|Floor||Attack||HP||Physical & Spell
- Amanita Verna: Poisons the enemy after being killed (Loses HP each round. The effect will last 3 rounds.)*
- Bind (Green): When active, enhances the Ancient Guardian's Physical Resistance by X%
- Bind (Purple): When active, enhances the Ancient Guardian's Magic Resistance by X%
- Bind (Red): When active, the Ancient Guardian is able to reflect Y% of damage suffered
- Bind (Yellow): When active, increases the MP consumption of enemies by Z%
Basic strategy is to eliminate Mushrooms in time with Magic Vine attacks, and then attack the boss after the mushrooms are defeated.
If you use Magic Vine to kill any of the Mushrooms, they will drop a Spore item of their colour, which allows the Magic Vine's skill to be upgraded to level 6. The Spores will only drop once per maze run, but you can obtain multiple of them on the same boss floors, so long as the Magic Vine deals the last hit to the Mushrooms.
|Green Spore||Magic Vine, ability enhanced (Explosive Pumpkin MAX rank +1)|
|Red Spore||Magic Vine, ability enhanced (Bloody Cuscutae MAX rank +1)|
|Purple Spore||Magic Vine, ability enhanced (Crystal Mushroom MAX rank +1)|
|Yellow Spore||Magic Vine, ability enhanced (Golden Mandala MAX rank +1)|
Can choose to plant Jack's Magic Bean or Sunflower Seed. Once Jack's Magic Bean is planted, the Magic Vine ally cannot be removed. You can plant Sunflower Seed first, harvest 10 Sunlight, then plant Jack's Magic Bean.
Upon planting Jack's Magic Bean, you obtain a Magic Vine ally that attacks every 5 turns. It begins with 23 Attack, 15 Power, 110 HP and 50 MP at level 1, and can reach level 50 through giving it Black Thorn Seeds. Each level will give +1 Attack, +1 Power, +10 HP, +10 MP. It recovers HP and MP each floor, and can be healed using 5 Black Thorn Seeds. If the Magic Vine dies, it can be revived using Magic Spring purchased from Dave's Cottage. The Magic Vine can also be upgraded using the following items.
Magic Vine Upgrades:
- Bloody Cuscutae - (Active skill 25 MP) (Power*100/125/150/175/200/225%) damage to an enemy, recover HP if it's killed.
- Explosive Pumpkin - Attack+3/6/9/12/15/18, HP+10/20/30/40/50/60, 4/8/12/16/20/24% chance to cause 300% damage when Magic Vine attacks.
- Crystal Mushroom - Power+3/6/9/12/15/18, MP+10/20/30/40/50/60, 5/10/15/20/25/30% to avoid counterattack when Magic Vine attacks.
- Golden Mandala - Enhance Gumball with 6/12/18/24/30/36% of Magic Vine's attributes.
Upon planting Sunflower Seed, you obtain a Sunflower ally. The Sunflower ally will not attack, but is also invincible. You can feed 30 Black Thorn Seeds to the Sunflower ally to obtain 1 Sunlight. This can be repeated 10 times. On the 10th time, the Sunflower Ally will give you 10 Sunflower fragments and leave.
- Items to upgrade Magic Vine - 100 EP
- Black Thorn Seed x5 - 30 EP
- Black Thorn Seed x10 - 60 EP
- Magic Spring (revives dead magic vine) - 150 EP
Fight a mixture of Pea Shooters, Nut Walls and Corpse Flowers to reach a Vine Clump that gives some Black Thorn Seed or items to upgrade the Magic Vine ally.
Pick fruit to obtain an increases of one stat.
The Kodama Tree can only be found on F70+. You can capture a Kodama from it. The first time, you obtain the Kodama Gumball Baby, which increases MP potion recovery by 15% in mazes.
After the first time, capturing the Kodama gives you a Kodama (Item) which can be used to give the Status Kodama buff (Detect key's location, increase the EP obtained by 30% when picking up EP, lasts 5 floors).
|Corpse||Regular Loot||Farplane's Lantern Soul|
|Jack's Corpse (on F1)||Jack's Magic Bean (plant to grow the magic vine)||Jack's Soul: Decrease Seed of Black Thorn consumption by 1 when upgrading Magic Vine|
|Queen's Corpse (1x)||Poisoned Apple and Magic Mirror||Queen's Soul: Envy effect when attacking (All enemies are more attractive than you, i.e. Magic Mirror always causes double damage)|
|Fatty's Corpse (1x)||Plumber's Cap||Mario's Soul: Receive 1-2 mushrooms at random|
|Skinny's Corpse (1x)||Plumber's Overalls||Luigi's Soul: Receive 1-2 mushrooms at random|
Get these items in the maze and use them outside:
- Kodama (Gumball Babies)
- Heart of Ancient Tree (boss loot)
- Evil Pumpkin (High chance)
- Other Rank3 Ingredients (Tower Flower, Crystal Egg)
- Gumball Pot as boss loot
- Crown of Great Elf King, Titan Knight's Boots & Cape of Archbishop fragments
- And all the usual (Fruit of World Tree, main and hidden Gumball fragments, coins, whatever you can get with your Compass, whatever you can get from your gumballs exclusive skills, Rare Enemies and Divine Dragon Wishes ...)
For raid results, see Bandit's Raid#Result Table
|Destroy Mushroom||Cast Armageddon. Use to get 10 Black Thorn Seeds in certain circumstances.|
|Frost Mushroom||Cast Aurora Barrier. Use to get 2 Gems in certain circumstances.|
|Rainbow Mushroom||Cast Holy Rebirth. Use to get 3 Fruit of World Tree in certain circumstances.|
|Sewer Mushroom||Cast Stoneskin (Only valid in the target floor)|
Title Specific Loots
Gumball specific info
If using melee gumball, it may help soul link gumball with poison resistance (against boss mushrooms) such as Witch.
Avoid choosing head and belt artefacts to enter maze as you are likely to pick up Plumber's Cap and Plumber's Overalls early on..
Quests / DP
|G||Obtain Sunflower Seed x3||3||Boss reward.|
|S||Obtain Magic Mirror x3||2|
|S||Use the Poisoned Apple x3||2|
|G||Use Sunlight x30||3||Do not plant the magic bean, wait until you get the Sunflower Seed. Feed the sunflower 30 black thorn seeds to get 1 sunlight. (Same method as hidden gumball) Can also use Sunflower's Photosynthesis ability to generate Sunlight.|
|G||Kill Corpse Flower x100||1|
|G||Kill Spider x100||1|
|G||Kill Lizard x100||1|
|G||Kill Nuts x100||1|
|G||Kill Pea Cannon x50||1|
|G||Kill first boss||3|
|G||Kill boss x5||3|
|G||Clear Plant's Cave x15||2|
|S||Reach floor 50||2|
|S||Reach floor 60||3|
|S||Reach floor 70||3|
|G||Pick Fruit x10||2|
|G||Buy goods at Dave's Cottage x50||3|
|G||Magic Vine kills enemy x200||3|
|G||Use Bloody Cuscutae to kill enemy x50||2|
|G||Upgrade the Bloody Cuscutae to lvl 5||2|
|G||Upgrade the Explosive Pumpkin to lvl 5||2|
|G||Upgrade the Crystal Mushroom to lvl 5||2|
|G||Upgrade Golden Mandala to lvl 5||2|
|G||Upgrade the Magic Vine to lvl 20||3|
|G||Upgrade the Magic Vine to lvl 25||3|
|G||Upgrade the Magic Vine to lvl 30||3|
|G||Upgrade the Magic Vine to lvl 50||3||Use the magic vine to kill corpse flowers and get double seeds. Upgrade Planar Prophet title and use Portal of Earth.|
|G||Plant the Magic Vine x5||2|
|G||Recover the Magic Vine x30||3|
|G||Revive the Magic Vine x5||3|
|G||Reach floor 40 without the Magic Vine||3|
|G||Summon Divine Dragon x2||3|
|G||Obtain hidden gumball||5||See hidden gumball section|