|Normal reward||Catherine & Raptor gumball|
|Raid reward||Accelerator +1|
|Gumball Specific||Gumball specific infos|
Complete this maze to receive Catherine Gumball.
To unlock the Erathia maze, get 12 maze fragments:
- Complete City of Steam to max dp (4)
- Alliance shop (2)
- One from each rift type (4)
- Celestial shop (2)
Buy from "Shop" in the New Maze in the main world map menu with 100 gems.
- 1 Hidden Gumball
- 2 Enemies
- 3 Stages
- 4 Maze Occurrences
- 4.1 Satellites and Satellite Consoles
- 4.2 Other Occurrences
- 4.3 Corpses
- 5 Allies
- 6 Out of Maze Loot
- 7 Engineering Manual
- 8 Quests / DP
- 9 Title specific loot
- 10 Gumball specific info
- 11 Tips
- 12 External links
- 13 Gallery
Hidden Gumball[edit | edit source]
To obtain Raptor Gumball:
- You will want to keep a stock of 13 of each engineering component after you pass floor 60.
- On a floor between 61 and 101 (excluding boss floors), you will find a bird in a cage and a laser gun. Check the bird cage for the number on it. Check the laser, and note down the numbers attached to each component.
- Enter a combination of materials such that the total sum of numbers of components adds up to the value of the cage.
- Shoot the cage and free the bird. Talk to the bird to get 10 Raptor Fragments.
- To get the remaining 10 fragments, put any 1 engineering component into the laser and shoot the bird.
Note: If you input a number greater than the number on the cage, you will kill immediately kill the bird and only get 10 fragments.
- 642: 4 , 2 , 3 , and 1 .
- 591: 11 and 8 .
- 733: 3 , 5 , 4 , and 1 (Metallurgy components are valued at 37 here instead of the 27 used above for 703)
You can use this tool to display possible solutions: https://codepen.io/j0be/full/OOZMQX/
Enemies[edit | edit source]
Regular Enemies[edit | edit source]
To see more title or gumball-specific monster information, look at Erathia/Specific.
Blue Satellite Enemies[edit | edit source]
|Infuriate: Attack doubles when HP drop below 50%|
|Demon of Abyss
||Curse: While countering, inflicts Curse (Decreases Attack for 3 turns)
Spell Forbidden: Forbid the enemy to cast spells for 15 rounds after being killed
|Evil Lamp Spirit
||Soul of Lamp: Chance to drop Golden Lamp Oil after being killed|
||Throwing: Launches and attack once every 2 rounds|
||Curse: While countering, inflicts Curse effect (decrease Attack by 50%, lasts for 3 rounds)||Appear with Skeleton Warlock|
||Death Pact: At the time of death, increase Attack and HP of all visible companions.||Appear with Skeleton Swordsman|
Green Satellite Enemies[edit | edit source]
||Self-explode: Explode after 3 rounds and cause 400% damage|
||Anti-body: Spell resistance +50%
Thump: Chance to counterattack for 200% damage
||Harisenbon: Reflect 100% melee damage back to the attacker when sustaining an attack
Symbiosis: Double HP when Desert Scorpion is present
||Roar: Help self and friendly targets increase attack and hp when damaged
Venom: While countering, inflicts Poison effect (loses HP each round, lasts 3 rounds)
||Bone Spur: Reflect 100% melee damage back to the attacker when sustaining an attack
Self-Explosion: Explode after 3 rounds, dealing 400% damage
Red Satellite Enemies[edit | edit source]
|Backstab: Attack once every 4 rounds & cause 300% damage to enemies|
||Magic Counterattack: Launch a counterattack for each spell casted by the enemy|
||Magic Missiles: Launches a long-range attack every 2 rounds.
Necormancy: All friendly skeletons present can revive once.
||Shooting: Launches a long-range attack every 2 rounds|
||Magic Missiles: Launches a long-range attack every 2 rounds|
Yellow Satellite Enemies[edit | edit source]
||Elemental Creature (Earth): Immune to earth spell
Guardian: Resist damage for party members of other type
||Elemental Creature (Water): Immune to Water spells
Tranquil Rain: Increase the HP of all allies every 2 rounds
||Elemental Creature (Fire): Immune to Fire spell
Burning: Counter attacks inflicts Burning effect (lose HP each round, lasts 3 round)
||Elemental Creature (Air): Immune to air spells
Dodge: Possess high dodge (25%)
||Elemental Creature (Light): Immune to Light spells
Dark Elemental Symbiosis: Double Attack when Dark Elemental is present
|Appear with Dark Elemental|
||Elemental Creature (Dark): Immune to Dark spells
Light Elemental Symbiosis: Double Attack when Light Elemental is present
|Appear with Light Elemental|
Boss (T-01 Mechanical Commander)[edit | edit source]
|Floor||Attack||HP||Physical & Spell |
- Strafe: Attacks once every 3 rounds, dealing 300% damage to enemies.
- Energy Detection Device: When enemy casts any spell, launches a counterattack and deal 30% damage of the said attack.
- Alloy Armor: Physical Resistance +30%, Spell Resistance +30%.
Four Satellite Terminals - Summon Airship to destroy Satellites. There is a chance a satellite will crash on the boss to cut his health in half.
Stages[edit | edit source]
Threat from the skyline Floors 50 (difficulty 41) - 2 Vigor (Formula for Queen's Blessing)
Lost Erathia Floors 45 (difficulty 40) - 2 Vigor (Formula for Great Mechanic Potion)
Miracle from millennia ago Floors 45 (difficulty 39) - 2 Vigor (Formula for Ancient Secret Medicine)
Go! The ancient city! Floors 40 (difficulty 38) - 2 vigor (Formula for Aeronautics Knowledge Potion)
Maze Occurrences[edit | edit source]
Satellites and Satellite Consoles[edit | edit source]
Many of Erathia's floors are guarded by satellites that attack every 5 turns. To stop the attacks, you have to clear a path to a satellite console, which shows up as a big computer taking 2x2 tiles on the map. The are 4 colours of Consoles, which indicate the type of satellite and the effect of their attacks:
- Blue Console: Guardian Orbit Satellite, causes damage and inflicts status "Guardian Orbit Satellite" on enemies: +50% Attack and Resistance for 3 rounds.
- Green Console: Tracker Orbit Satellite, causes damage and inflicts status "Tracker Orbit Satellite" : Attack and Power -50% for 3 rounds
- Red Console: Annihilator Orbit Satellite, inflicts the most damage. Can creates a Burrow once per maze on the 4th attack it makes.
- Yellow Console: Law Hunter Orbit Satellite , causes damage and inflicts status "Spell Forbidden" for 3 rounds.
There are two ways to handle Satellites. You can either open a path to the satellite console, teleport inside the satellite and destroy it from within. You can also destroy the satellites using the Summon Airship skill. Both methods will disable the Satellite, and allow you to destroy the Satellite Console for a some Engineering Components or an Interphone Battery. Disabling a Satellite also has a chance of causing a #Crashed Satellite to appear.
Inside Normal Satellites[edit | edit source]
Each satellite consists of a room with 4 enemies, 1 fixture, and a Satellite Core. All enemies must be defeated before you can interact with the fixture and destroy the Satellite Core. Upon destroying the Satellite Core, one will receive 3 of a random Engineering Components, as well as either a Chip, a Research Report or some Incomplete research reports.
The type of Satellite determines the enemies you can find inside, the color of Ancient Technology chips and the type of special reward encounter inside you can find.
Note: The same type of normal satellites can appear multiple times in one run. However, the chip of that satellite can only be obtained once. Subsequent destruction of the core would only give Research Report or Incomplete research report with the Engineering Components.
|4x Demon of Abyss||Blood Altar:|
|4x Butcher||Old Anvil:|
|2x Skeleton Warlock, 2x Skeleton Swordsman||Skull Altar:|
|4x Evil Lamp Spirit||Hell Furnace:|
|4x Rock Golem||Rock Pile:|
|4x Spikey Skeleton||Egg of Rahi:|
|4x Cyclops||Huge Bones:|
|4x Calamity Pumpkin||Magic Totem:|
|4x Manticore||Pile of Bones:|
|4x Cactus||Vine Clump:|
|4x Wandering Mage||Elemental Altar:|
|4x Necromancer||Obsidian Casket:|
|4x Arcane Snail||Elemental Heart:|
|4x Pea Cannon||Strange Tree Stump:|
|4x Fire Elemental||Pillar of Fire:|
|4x Water Elemental||Pillar of Water:|
|4x Air Elemental||Pillar of Air:|
|4x Earth Elemental||Pillar of Earth:|
|2x Light Elemental, 2x Dark Elemental||Reaction Furnace:|
Satellite Air Combat[edit | edit source]
If you use the Summon Airship skill against a Satellite, the air combat will take place in 2 phases, first against the Satellite, then against the floor. You won't be able to enter the Satellite using this method, but it guarantees that a #Crashed Satellite will appear.
Unknown Satellite[edit | edit source]
Appears as a red Satellite Console with no countdown. Upon teleporting in, you will see Dr. Strange. Talk to him to receive 1 of 4 one-time quests, as well as a Transmitter with 4 charges that you use to transport back to the satellite. For all 4 quests, he asks for 5 of a type of Satellite Fragments. These are are obtained from looting Crashed Satellites when you have the respective Research on type of Satellite in the Aerospace Tab of the Engineering Manual maxed. These four quests can be done over multiple maze runs, but have to be done in the order requested. Each time a quest is completed, he gives a boost to your airship's combat abilities for the run. Once all 4 quests are completed, you will be able to perform Research on Orbit Satellite in Ancient Relics, allowing you to build the Orbit Satellite airship.
After the one-time quests are completed, you can talk to Dr. Strange once more or in future runs to get a boost of +10 to all Airship stats for the current run. Dr. Strange will be unwilling to talk to you after that. You are free to destroy the Satellite Core and the Satellite Console of the Unknown Satellite afterwards for some Engineering Components.
Unknown Creature's Satellite[edit | edit source]
"The character and strength of this creature are far beyond what you can understand. The only thing that can be identified is that is maker (or summoner) comes from a world of higher dimension. Its technology or energy is much stronger than your plane. However, judging from the surrounding environment, this creature killed this group of people and got free..."
In every Endless maze run, on the F10, a damaged Red Satellite Console will spawn. This particular Satellite contains the Unknown Creature. This particular console will remain on F10 if you backtrack back to it using a Portal of Earth. This allows you to challenge the Unknown Creature when you are ready.
The Unknown Creature's stats and skills cannot be viewed. However, the following details have been found out by players:
- 30,000 HP and 1,000 Attack
- 3 turn timer with a Corrode effect
- BOSS sub-type (Halved durations for control spells like Timestill)
- Physical Resistance +50% and Spell Resistance +50%
- Immune to Fire, Earth, Light and Dark spells
See Quests / DP for tips on how to defeat it.
Other Occurrences[edit | edit source]
Ancient Magic Array[edit | edit source]
- Activate: Either zaps you for damage or increases a random stat. Can still Destroy after activation.
- Destroy: Destroy the Array for 3
Burrow[edit | edit source]
A Burrow is created once per run when you allow a Red Satellite to fire 4 times on the same floor. Entering the Burrow will deal your max HP-1 damage to you, which will bypass Ice Shield and Aurora Barrier. Thus, it is recommended to make sure you are at max HP or have casted Holy Rebirth.
The Safe at the bottom of the Burrow can be opened using the code 514326. It gives a Decour Chip and sometimes 3 . You can construct the Decour Robot using Decour Chip and 3 Ancient Components in the Aeronautics Tab of the Engineering Manual. The first construction will give you a Decour Robot as an out-of-maze reward. Subsequent constructions will give you a Decour ally. The Decour robot is upgraded when Decour ally is credited with 200/300/400 kills (carry over to the next maze run).
The Decour ally stats and abilities is independent of gumball stats and maze floor. Its stats is only affected by its energy absorption level (Amount of kills: 200,300 and 400), so for easier farming, summon the Decour ally at a low floor (via PoE) when you have high defense to allow Decour to survive longer.
Crashed Airship[edit | edit source]
In the Crashed Airship, you will find enemies and one or two corpses (See corpse section).
Crashed Satellite[edit | edit source]
Loot for Airship material or Engineering Components. When the Aerospace manual upgrade for that Satellite is fully upgraded, can receive Satellite Fragment (+1 to airship stat for maze). Collect 5 fragments each for Dr Strange in the #Unknown Satellite.
Electrical Apparatus[edit | edit source]
Increase all exposed enemy mechanical creatures health every 3 turns. It can be destroyed for 3 Electrical Components and possibly 1 Opticus once you reach it.
Types of Opticus:
- Red - Randomly Enhance one attribute + Electrical Science Knowledge (Equivalent Circuit Model) provides: Obtain 100-200 EP at random
- Blue - Cast Electrostatic Field (Valid in target floor) + Electrical Science Knowledge (Magnetic Field Generator) provides: Effect of Electrostatic Field +1%
- Green - Cast Chain Lightning + Electrical Science Knowledge (High-voltage Shock Device) provides: Effect of Chain Lightning spell +1%
- Black - Cast Timestill + Electrical Science Knowledge (Malcolm Superconducting Material) provides - Effects of all support spells +3%
- Brown - Cast Portal of Earth + Electrical Science Knowledge (Kubrick Energy Coil) provides - Effect of all damage spells +3%
- Purple - Increase effects of all Spells by 3% + Electrical Science Knowledge (Diana Crystal Semiconductor) provides - Effects of all Healing spells +3%
Explorer Shop[edit | edit source]
- Aviation Component: 3 for 150 EP
- Electric Component: 3 for 150 EP
- Metallurgy Component: 3 for 150 EP
- Ancient Component: 2 for 600EP
- Ancient normal chip: 300EP
- Ancient master chip: 500EP
Corpses[edit | edit source]
|Corpse||Regular Loot||Farplane Ranger loot|
|Researcher's Remains (Multiple)||Engineering Manual and 3 of each normal Engineering Components (on F1)||Researcher's Soul: Obtain 5 of each normal Engineering Components|
|Random Engineering Components||Broken Soul: Gain 50 EP|
|Robot's Remains (1x)||Medical Health Chip||Mr. White's Memory Fragment: Obtain 1 Destroyer Chip: All damage spells 5%; doubled with Machine Herald or Terminator.|
|Driver's Remains (Multiple)||Ancient Component or Regular Components||Broken Driver's soul: Recover 3% airship energy.|
|Raccoon's Remains (1x)||Biological Gene 89P||Raccoon's Soul: Biological Gene 89P, switch effects|
|Strange Remains (1x)||Memory Crystal||Selendis' Soul: Memory Crystal, switch effects|
|Monkey's Remains (3x, F10 satellite)||In total: Holland Hereditary Algorithm , Steam Revolution, Aerospace and Aviation, Electric Weekly, 3 random Opticus||Monkey's Memory Fragment: +3% to all spell effects, upgrade 1 random Ancient Technology. (3x)|
There are 3 pairs of mutually exclusive Soldier's Remains. Each pair will show up together in a Crashed Airship, and meeting one pair means you will not see the other 2 pairs for the run.
|Corpse||Regular Loot||Farplane Ranger loot|
|Soldier's Remains (Bill) (1x)||Machine Gun H
and 3x Gold Eagle Medals
|Bill's Soul: Obtain 30 Gold Eagle Medals|
|Soldier's Remains (Reims) (1x)||Shoulder Rocket Launcher||Reims' Soul: Recover 100% airship energy, +5 fire.|
|Corpse||Regular Loot||Farplane Ranger loot|
|Soldier's Remains (Mark) (1x)||High-speed Shotgun S
and 4 x Warhead Medals
|Mark's Soul: Obtain 30 Warhead Medals|
|Soldier's Remains (Tarma) (1x)||Laser Launcher L
and 5 x Warhead Medals
|Tarma's Soul: Recover 100% Airship Energy, Airship Armor +5|
|Corpse||Regular Loot||Farplane Ranger loot|
|Soldier's Remains (Clark) (1x)||Back Wrestling's Quintessence||Clark's Soul: Suplex Quintessence, switch effects. Learn Machine gun Fist spell.|
|Soldier's Remains (Ralph) (1x)||Boxing's Quintessence||Ralph's Soul: Boxing Quintessence, switch effects. +2 attack, HP +40. Cosmic Phantom spell|
Allies[edit | edit source]
|Ally||Skills and Stats||Extra info|
|Decour||Attack : 45/60/75/90 ; HP 900/1200/1500/1800
||Source: See Burrow
Scope: Valid in maze
|Clay Puppet||Attack = inherits 50% of Gumball's Attack (buffs included)
HP = inherits 50% of Gumball's HP
|Source: Clay Statue
Scope: Valid in target floor
|Genie||Attack = ? HP = ?
||Source: Elemental Altar
Scope : Valid in maze
|Spikey Skeleton||Attack = inherits 75% of Gumball's Attack (buffs included)
HP = inherits 30% of Gumball's HP
|Source: Egg of Rahi
Scope: Valid in target floor
|Alien Creature||Attack and HP based on Floor:
Strong Acid: Inflict Corrosion effect on attacker after sustaining an attack (Halves attack and reduces HP each round, lasts for 3 rounds.)
Mucus Skin: Immune to Reflect Damage
|Source: Complete Alien Spawn (with GoT)
Scope: Valid in maze
Out of Maze Loot[edit | edit source]
- Decour: See Burrow
- BB-7 Robot: Requires God of Thieves title and a mechanical gumball as main, see God_of_Thieves_Items#Erathia.
- Eden Accelerators: Kill the Unknown Creature and search the monkeys for 3 of each : , and in settlement (Works only once).
- Bone of Moonlight (boss loot)
- Tower Flower (high chance)
- Other rank 3 Ingredients as boss loot (Evil Pumpkin, Crystal Egg, Elf's Dust)
- Gumball Pot as boss loot
- Magic Relics
- A few low level Airship Materials
- And all the usual (Fruit of World Tree, main and hidden Gumball fragments, coins, whatever you can get with your Compass, whatever you can get from your gumballs exclusive skills, Rare Enemies and Divine Dragon Wishes ...)
For raid results, see Bandit's Raid#Result Table
Like Avalon Fortress and City of Steam, Erathia uses an Engineering Manual to provide substantial equipment and ability upgrades, combining the Steam Power and Electric Age suits from the previous mazes with its own Aerospace upgrades and a new Ancient Technology page.
Each of the 4 tabs require different items to upgrade:
- Metallurgy Tab: Metallurgy Component and Ancient Component
- Electrical Science Tab: Electric Component and Ancient Component
- Aerospace Tab: Aviation Component (Erathia) and Ancient Component
- Ancient Technology Tab: Ancient Technology chips, Incomplete research report, Research Report and Ancient Component
For full details, see Engineering Manual (Erathia).
Ancient Technology Tab[edit | edit source]
Rather than giving predefined upgrades like other pages, Ancient Technology has "slots" that accept chips with varying effects. Four standard chips of each color (red, blue, green, and yellow) may be equipped, and once four standard chips of a color are equipped and advanced chip of that color may be equipped. You use Incomplete research reports and Ancient Components to upgrade standard chips (3 levels) and Research Reports and Ancient Components to upgrade advanced chips (5 levels).
Once equipped, chips may not be removed or overwritten for that run. If extra chips are used, they will instead award 100 EP for standard and 200 EP for advanced.
Quests / DP[edit | edit source]
|S||Obtain Warhead Medal 30/30||2||Loot from Soldier's Remains (Mark) or Soldier's Remains (Tarma); get all 30 at once from Soldier's Remains (Mark) if you have Farplane Ranger (lantern). This is from the 2nd pair of mutually exclusive Soldier's Remains in #Corpses.|
|S||Obtain Gold Eagle Medal 30/30||2||Loot from Soldier's Remains (Bill); get all 30 at once if you have Farplane Ranger (lantern). This is from the 1st pair of mutually exclusive Soldier's Remains in #Corpses.|
|S||Obtain Boxing's Quintessence||2||Loot from Soldier's Remains (Ralph). This is from the 3rd pair of mutually exclusive Soldier's Remains in #Corpses.|
|S||Obtain Medical Health Chip||2||Loot from Robot's Remains (White), exclusive with Karate Chip from the same remains.|
|S||Obtain Bio Gene 89P 3/3||2||Loot From Raccoon's Remains|
|S||Obtain Memory Crystal 3/3||2||Loot from Strange Remains|
|Obtain all types of Opticus||2||Destroy Electrical Apparatus for random Opticus. There are 6 types of Opticus. You can use the Opticus.|
|Use Clay Statue 3/3||2||Find in Satellites by searching Rock Pile|
|Use Egg of Rahi 3/3||2||Find in Satellites (use 'take egg')|
|Use candle 3/3||2||Find in Satellites by searching skull piles near undead.|
|Use Soul Trapping Skull 3/3||2||Find in Satellites by searching on skull piles near giants.|
|Use "Aerospace and Aviation" 10/10||2||Buy from the shops (600 EP each)|
|Use "Electric Weekly" 10/10||2||Buy from the shops (600 EP each)|
|Use "Steam Revolution" 10/10||2||Buy from the shops (600 EP each)|
|Kill an enemy using Laser Launcher L 9/9||2||
Loot from soldier's remains (Tarma) This is from the 2nd pair of mutually exclusive Soldier's Remains in #Corpses.
|Kill Tiga Tactical Mecha 200/200||1|
|Kill Vergil Experimental Mecha 200/200||1|
|Kill Adler Disturbance Mecha 200/200||1|
|Kill Sakula Heavy Mecha 150/150||1|
|Kill Savage Strike Mecha 150/150||1|
|Kill Decour Sniper Mecha 150/150||1|
|Kill an unknown creature for the first time||2||Only appears in Endless. Level up both suits to max, PoE back to F10, use Timestop+BoR and beat it to death. Roughly ~40K HP and 1000 attack. Will definitely counter-attack if you target it with attacks or spells (including with BoR active).
The creature is immune to Fire and Dark spells. Use Stoneskin to resist the 3 round attack and Divine Favor or higher curative spell to negate it's corrode effect.
The creature have an attack timer of 3 (similar to most boss) which is hidden, so if you time the icicle correctly, you can stun the creature for 2 attack cycle with 1 spell.
|First Kill BOSS||3|
|Kill BOSS 5/5||3|
|Kill BOSS without destroying satellite||3||BoR on F30 boss will do it easy. Also, can only be done in endless.|
|S||Reach floor 70||2|
|S||Reach floor 80||3|
|S||Reach floor 90||3|
|S||Reach floor 30 without destroying satellite||2||Use 3-Eye King's dog to key-hunt your way down. Can use S/L 30 to reset to floor without satellite.|
|S||Reach floor 50 without enhancing the Engineering Manual||2||Just don't loot it in the first place; good to do this and above quest in same run. Note: You cannot get Engineering Manual later by using PoE back to F1.|
|Buy items in the Explorer Shop 100/100||2|
|Clean up the crashed airship 30/30||2|
|Destroy the satellite with an airship 50/50||3|
|Destroy the Satellite Energy Core 100/100||3|
|Destroy the Electrical Apparatus 30/30||2|
|Activate the Ancient Magic array 30/30||1|
|Enhance Engineering Manual to Max Level||3||Go full Planar Prophet, it's the only way.|
|Obtain hidden Gumball||5|
Title specific loot[edit | edit source]
Gumball specific info[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Talking to Dr. Strange to upgrade your ship and also picking up the Decour chip will NOT stop you from completing the Level 50 with no upgrade quest. Summoning the Decour robot "may", as it requires a fragment payment.
- Do NOT destroy the satellite core in Dr Strange's satellite before finishing all his quests. It would prevent you from using the Transmitter to return to him.
- Summoning the Airship to destroy satellites or to clear tiles saves the level and prevents S/L30 from generating a new level. If hunting for the Robot's Wreckage Medical Chip quest drop it is therefore advisable to manually clear the tiles or use Earthquake.
- The Robot's Wreckage versions (Karate Chip vs Medical Chip) are exclusive; only one may be found per dungeon run. The Raccoon Remains and Strange Remains are *not* exclusive and may be found in the same run. The Soldier's Remains are all exclusive; only one version may be looted per run. S/L30 accordingly.
- There are limited ways to counteract the loss of accuracy inflicted by the Interfere effect. Ways to increase accuracy or ignore Interfere include: Vosebarker's Reality Lens, Sorehead Knight and green chip Neuron Enhancement Gene.
- To prevent Reflect damage, Cactus Juice or gumballs (Cactus or Parasite with Cactus Baby) is recommended. Pain Control Gene can only give you up to 75% reflection damage reduction.
- The boss' Energy Detection Device (30% attack's damage when a spell is casted) does not trigger upon use of Timestill or Hex, so alternate between these two to buy turns to use spells without getting damaged. Note that items that cast spells and active skills like High Priest's Grand Prophecy or Dragon Magic also does not trigger Energy Detection Device.
- Great Detective's Exclusive Skill "Clues" can find a secret cache in a cave once per maze containing one each of the magazines required for the quest.