|City of Steam|
|Normal reward||Zeros & Future Cat gumball|
|Raid boost||Bloody Wolf|
|Raid reward||Relic Fragments +1500|
|Gumball Specific||Gumball specific infos|
Complete this maze to get the Zeros gumball.
- 1 Hidden Gumball
- 2 To Unlock
- 3 Stages
- 4 Enemies
- 5 Maze Occurrences
- 6 Out of Maze Loot
- 7 Quest/DP
- 8 Title specific loots
- 9 Gumball Specific Informations
- 10 Tips
- 11 Notes
- 12 External links
To get the Future Cat Gumball:
- You need Adventurer on your team as leader or soul link.
- You will meet Future Cat on an early floor <65. Take a note as he will remain on that floor for that particular maze run. (This is not true, I encountered him on floor 98. Probably guaranteed to encounter by floor 101.)
- After you meet him, you will need to find his parts (A, B, C, D, E) inside Steam Tanks, Steam Airships, or corpses. If you don't find the parts by floor 60, use Portal of Earth to return to earlier floors.
- Part A = Obtained from Future Cat when quest starts
- Part B & C = Steel Cabinets in Airships/Tanks/Guard Rooms. Both Spawn together.
- Part D = Researcher's Remains.
- Part E = From a Gumball Villages (thus, need Adventurer on your team)
- Combine all Parts into Future Cat's Dynamic Device (top right corner of Mechanics Page, but does not require chips)
- Use Portal of Earth to return to the floor where you originally met Future Cat
- Give Future Cat the crafted Dynamic Device and he will join your team or give you fragments
After unlocking Avalon Fortress, you can start collecting fragments of the City of Steam map. Once all the fragments have been collected, the map may be purchased for 70 gems. You can check on which the fragments needed by clicking bottom right Shop icon on the main menu, selecting the New Mazes option to review the map fragments.
Mysterious Capital of Machinery: Floors 30 (Difficulty 35) - 2 Vigor : Gain 1 Artisan Gumball, 1 potion formula, Erathia's Fragment #1, 1 gem
Call! Sky Support!: Floors 35 (Difficulty 36) - 2 Vigor
Weapons of War and Destruction: Floors 40 (Difficulty 36) - 2 Vigor
The patron saint of ancient civilization: Floors 50 (Difficulty 37) - 2 Vigor
Endless Mode: 3 Vigor
To see more title or gumball-specific monster information, look at City of Steam/Specific.
Boss (Guardian's Airship)
Guardian's Airship (HP ????; Call your airship to destroy)
- Manufacture Missiles: Launches an attack every 3 rounds, causing 10 times of damage to the enemy
- Guardian's Airship: Current Energy (XXXXX; Scales each floor)
- Alloy Armor: Physical Resistance +30%, Spell Resistance +30%
Boss (Mechanical Guardian)
|Energy||Physical & Spell
|HP||Physical & Spell|
- Bombard: Launches an attack every 3 rounds, dealing 300% damage to the enemy
- Alloy Armor: Physical Resistance +X%, Spell Resistance +X%.
- Mechanics - Upgrade mechanical spider summons
- Electrical Science - Craft and enhance Electric Age set
- Aviation - Upgrade your airship's ability
- Hidden upgrade unlocked by encountering Future Cat and finding his items
- Provides passive upgrades also, see Category:City of Steam Upgrades
Also like Avalon Fortress, certain gumballs (mostly mechanical ones) get certain automatic upgrades to the engineering manual; see City of Steam/Specific#Starting Technologies.
Mechanical Spider Ally
By using 3 , you can summon a Mechanical Spider ally which lasts across floors. The Mechanical Spider stats and abilities can be upgraded through the Mechanics tab of the Engineering Manual. The Mechanical Spider is a mechanical creature, thus will guarantee a components to drop when it kills certain enemies.
The Mechanical Spider has the following skills.
Magic Cannon, Active skill
- Cause X damage to a single enemy. Can be upgraded to deal more damage, and cause spurting damage to other enemies.
- Mechanical Claw: Launch an attack every X rounds. Can be upgraded to do double damage occasionally.
The following 3 skills are obtained by using a Super Energy Crystal from shooting down a Wingman in an airship battle. The Mechanical Spider can only have one of the following three skills at a time, and if the Mechanical Spider dies, the next newly summoned will not have the skill. A new Energy Crystal would have to be used to give the Mechanical Spider the skill again.
- God Destruction Gun: Magic cannon damage +30%, 30% chance of instantly killing an enemy (invalid on boss) (unlock using Super Energy Crystal I, lasts for one spider)
- Energy Furnace: Power+20%, recovers 2 HP and MP every time an enemy is killed (unlock using Super Energy Crystal II, lasts for one spider)
- Annihilation Blade: Attack+50%, causes 100% extra damage to boss (unlock using Super Energy Crystal III, lasts for one spider)
Summon Airship, Active skill
- Summons an airship to clear the floor. When you win the fight, all tiles will be flipped over, all enemies will be killed, and any Steam Tank or Steam Airship will be wrecked.
Current Interference Device
Steam Tank and Steam Airship
Steam Tanks will shoot every 5 turns, dealing a great amount of damage to your Gumball. Steam Airships will not attack you, but will join the airship fight if you choose to summon the airship. Both Tank and Airship can be entered, and will have enemies guarding the Core Device. Kill all enemies and destroy the Core Device to wreck the Tank or Airship. Destroying the Core Device gives you some regular components Each Tank and Airship will also have 4 Steel Cabinets that can be obtained to get a mix of the following items:
- 1 , 1 , 1 or 1
- Industrial Age, Electric Weekly, Aerospace and Aviation
- Metal Charizard, Metal Fishbone, Electrical Top
- Clockwork Rat, Clockwork Spider, Mechanical Eyeball
- Future Cat Part B & C (once)
The Steam Tanks and Steam Airships can be destroyed when the Summon Airship skill is activated. When this occurs, there will be no enemies inside the Airship and Tank, and you can loot all the chests and destroy the Core Device. Sometimes, a damaged core with some blue electricity instead of a Core Device will be found. Using the Damaged Core when you have a Mechanical Spider ally will give the Spider a stat boost. Under the zapping with damaged core, you can obtain Robots that can be used on your Airships and Space fleets by electrocuted (zapped) by the Damaged Core with blue electricty.
- Mechanical Spider - Zap the mechanical spider. Required fully enhancing Mechanics Knowledge of Engineering Manual. Repeatable for getting maximum 4 robots. Requires zapping any robot or mechanical spider ally 4 times before obtaining Mechanical Spider Robots (Zapping them on the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th to get mechanical spiders, Car Robot, Wagon Robot, or Puppet Robot).
- Car Robot - Zap Autobots summon
- Wagon Robot - Zap Autobots summon
- Puppet Robot - Zap Puppeteer summon
Using the airship will sometimes cause the enemy side to spawn enemy Wingmen. Defeat them in the airship battle and loot Wrecked Wingman to get an assortment of
Spawns enemies every 5 turns until it run out or you clear it. Contains enemies guarding the following:
- Researcher's Remains (See corpse section)
- Robocop's Corpse (See corpse section)
- Billiard Table - Similar to the cards table in Hero's Village, you can choose to gamble 3 of your components in a double or nothing fashion if you have not killed all enemies. Can collect a Black Ball No.8 from the table after clearing all enemies.
- Guard House's Steel Cabinet - 1 to 2 of Grenade Launcher MM1, Frag Grenade M67, Shoulder Bazooka LAW80, Flame Thrower M2
- Electric Chair - Inflicts damage and a random stat buff.
- Steel Cabinet - Obtain components, EP, Industrial Age, Electric Weekly, Aerospace and Aviation, Metal Charizard, Metal Fishbone, Electrical Top, Clockwork Rat, Clockwork Spider or Mechanical Eyeball.
- TV set - Watch a program. The type of program determines what you get.
- Attack stat buff: Attack+1 (Sopranos), Attack+2 (24 Hours), Attack+3 (Spartacus), Attack+5 (Card House)
- Power stats buff: Power+1 (Heroes), Power+2 (Supernatural), Power+3 (Game of Thrones)
- Manual upgrade: Mechanics (Lost), Electrical Science (Prison Break), Aviation (Star Trek)
- Nothing (Friends, Big Bang Theory, I Love Lucy, Modern Family)
- Mechanical Component x3 - 150 EP
- Electric Component x3 - 150 EP
- Aviation Component x3 - 150 EP
- Ancient Component x2 - 600 EP
- Clockwork Rat - 500 EP
- Metal Fishbone - 200 EP
- Metal Charizard - 200 EP
- Mechanical Eyeball - 500 EP
- Clockwork Spider - 500 EP
- Potion of Aviation Knowledge
- Potion of Mechanics Knowledge
- Potion of Electrical Science Knowledge
- Potion of Great Designer
|Corpse||Regular Loot||Farplane's Lantern Soul|
|Researcher's Remains (Multiple)||Engineering Manual (City of Steam) (on F1)||Broken Researcher's Soul: Decrease consumption of EP by 1% in Gear Shop (Max 30%)
or Researcher's Intact Soul: Decrease consumption of EP by 3% in Gear Shop (Max 30%)
|Alien's Corpse (1x)||Red Lightsaber
(Mutually exclusive with Master Jedi's Corpse)
|Darth Maul's Soul: Attack +5, All Dark Spells' effects +3%|
|Master Jedi's Corpse (1x)||Green Lightsaber
(Mutually exclusive with Alien's Corpse)
|Yoda's Soul: Power +3, All Light Spells' effects +5%|
|Robocop's Corpse (1x)||Mechanical Fist Thorn
(Mutually exclusive with Stranger's Corpse)
|Murphy's Soul: Transform Mechanical Fist Thorn|
|Maid's Corpse (1x)||Mechanical Broken Torso||Gary's Soul: Mechanical Spider's Power +3
When Mechanical Spider casts Magic Cannon, spurting range +1
|Stranger's Corpse (1x)||Guy Fawkes's Mask
(Mutually exclusive with Robocop's Corpse)
|Guy Fawkes's Soul: Enhance the Guy Fawkes's Mask|
Out of Maze Loot
Get these items in the maze or by raiding:
- Holy Blood (Rank4, boss loot)
- Evil Pumpkin (Rank3, high chance)
- Other rank 3 Ingredients as boss loot (Tower Flower, Crystal Egg)
- Crystal, Dark Steel inside Steam Tanks and Steam Airships
- Star Mint, Blue Crystal Gel, Fantasy Fruit (Rank2 boss loot, relatively rare))
- Gumball Pot (Boss loot)
- Rank1 Airship Materials inside Steam Tanks and Steam Airships
- Fragments : Armor of Legendary Hunter, Flag of Sword Sage, Necklace of Legendary Mage
- And all the usual (Fruit of World Tree, main and hidden Gumball fragments, coins, whatever you can get with your Compass, whatever you can get from your gumballs exclusive skills, Rare Enemies and Divine Dragon Wishes ...)
For raid results, see Bandit's Raid#Result Table
|S||Obtain Guy Fawkes's Mask||2||Can obtain this or the thorn fist once per run. Use S/L 30 to try for the other item.|
|S||Obtain Mechanical Fist Thorn||2||Found on Robocop's corpse|
|S||Obtain Green Lightsaber||2||Can obtain this or the Red Lightsaber once per run.|
|S||Obtain Red Lightsaber||2|
|S||Use Mechanical Broken Torso x3||2|
|G||Use Aerospace and Aviation x20||2|
|G||Use Electric Weekly x20||2|
|G||Use Industrial Age x20||2|
|G||Kill Maintenance Type V-Q53 x200||1|
|G||Kill Power Grid Type V-H22 x200||1|
|G||Kill Surveillance Type II-Z49 x200||1|
|G||Kill Bomber Type V-L23 x200||1|
|G||Kill Steam Mecha I x150||1|
|G||Kill Steam Mecha II x150||1|
|G||Kill Steam Mecha III x150||1|
|G||First Kill BOSS||3|
|G||Kill BOSS x5||3|
|G||Use Black Ball No.8 to kill the enemy x5||2|
|G||Mechanical Spider kills the enemy x250||2|
|G||Call airship to kill the enemy x250||2|
|G||Clear up Steam Tank x30||2|
|G||Clear up Steam Airship x30||2|
|G||Clear up Guard House x30||2|
|S||Reach floor 60||2|
|S||Reach floor 70||3|
|S||Reach floor 80||3|
|S||Reach floor 50 without enhancing Engineering Manual (City of Steam)||2||Do not summon spiders or make batteries (keep the ones you receive for boss!)
Watching TV might upgrade the manual but that will not impede the quest.
|G||Buy items in Cog Shop x100||2|
|G||Manufacture Electric Pendant x10||1|
|G||Manufacture Electric Boots x10||1|
|G||Manufacture Electric Ring x10||1|
|G||Manufacture Electric Cloak x10||1|
|G||Watch TV programs to upgrade Engineering Manual (City of Steam) x3||3||TVs are randomly found in Guard Houses. If a TV doesn't upgrade the manual, you can change it by doing the following: S/L on TV floor (not S/L 30); enter the TV room, don't attack enemies and exit. Do the enter-exit "n" times, where n is the number of times you did S/L on the floor, then enter and check the TV program (e.g. for changing the program the first time just enter and exit once since you did 1 S/L on the floor).|
|G||Enhance Engineering Manual (City of Steam) to Max Level||3||Future Cat's Dynamic System is NOT required to complete this objective.|
|G||Obtain Ancient Component by destroying Steam Armor x10||3||Steam Armor refers to the three Steam Mecha enemies. Use the Airship or AoE spells when two or more Steam Mechas are present to guarantee drops.|
|G||Kill 3 kinds of Steam Mechas in one round||3||Use the airship for easy completion|
|G||Steer an airship to destroy an enemy wingman x9||3||When summoning the airship on regular floors, enemies will randomly request wingman support.|
|G||Drive the airship to beat Steam Airship x10||3||On floors with a Steam Airship, summon your airship rather than entering the ship and clearing it out yourself.|
|G||Obtain hidden Gumball||5||See hidden gumball section|
Title specific loots
Gumball Specific Informations
- With God of thieves, you can encounter a locked safe. Code is 654321. It drops 3 gems the first few times. After that it drops 10000 or 20000 coins.
- Useful Potion: Voyager or Cactus or Great Designer (if you have it)
- There are five airship Robots available in this maze:
- Sonny - Use Machinist, Future Cat, Armor, Terminator, Autobots, or any of the Kairos as main and the God of Thieves title. Find Sonny and repair him.
- Mechanical Spider - Zap the mechanical spider. Required fully enhanced Mechanics Knowledge of Engineering Manual. Repeatable for getting maximum 4 robots. Also note it may take 2-4 tries before succeeding.
- Car Robot - Zap** Autobots summon
- Wagon Robot - Zap** Autobots summon
- Puppet Robot - Zap** Puppeteer summon
- Zap means to find a damaged core within a tank and have it explode (destroy a Steam Airship or Steam Tank with your airship before entering). This is fairly rare and won't work every time.
- To complete the DP Quest - "Don't enhance Engineering Manual to Level 50" you must not upgrade your manual until you reach floor 50. Using machine-type gumball will upgrade your manual automatically. Thus, the quest will fail as you reach floor 50. If you are using machine-type gumball, DO NOT pick up the manual from the Researcher's remain, then you will be able to complete the quest at floor 50.
Neither try to craft the Future Cat item from the manual, do it after you complete this DP quest.
Upgrades recieved from watching TV do not seem to effect this.
- For the boss fight, you can spend the first 2 turns for aid spells then activate your airship. The airship activation turn will not consume your aid spell duration and will reset the boss counter to 3, which allow you to begin the boss battle with aid spell active.
- To complete the DP Quest - "Watch TV programs to upgrade Engineering Manual 0/5" do as follows:
- Step 1 - Find a floor that has a tv room. Enter and kill all the mobs inside, watch the tv and if you get an upgrade, you are done. Otherwise, please proceed to the next step.
- Step 2 - S/L the game (NOT S/L 30). Re-enter the room, DO NOT kill the mobs inside and EXIT.
- Step 3 - PAUSE the game. (Be careful not to pause the game if you already kill the mobs inside, otherwise this trick will not work)
- Step 4 - When you continue, re-enter the room and kill the mobs inside, if you get an upgrade then you are done. Otherwise, repeat step 2 -4.
- The Resistance drops back to 30% at F90. This is not an error.